Next to our house are 12 marked routes between 10 and 80km. Maps are available in the location.
The nearest examples are :
- Le château de Présilly (25 km)
- Le Tour du Mont Orgier (14 km)
- La Ronde du Lac ( 32 km)
- Bellecin-Pont de la Pyle ( 13 km)
And for the "real" amateurs, the big events :
To participate to one of these events stay a challenge for most of us !
Around lakes and hills, 16 detailed routes from 15 to 100km. Map available in the Gîte
- Escapade médiévale autour d’Orgelet (26 km)
- Entre Lacs et Chapelles ( 34 km)
- From Merlue to " Beaume les Messieurs" and "Chateau-Chalon". A real adventure through world famous places. Only for the well-trained bikers!!!!!
Cycling around our location is a great opportunity to discover the country "Lacs et Petite Montagne".
Small but quiet and good roads which never go straight...for our pleasure !
- Le lac de vouglans (35km long !) lies 5 km from the house.
The water sports dedicated, base nautique de Bellecin, offers you a great panel of activities such as, Canoeing, Sailing, Rowing : www.bellecin.com
You can rent boats or use training curses.
More informations and rates on their site or on the followings
www.jura-tourism.com and www.juralacs.com
- Two beaches and one port wait for your visit, 3 km away.
For your training, there is a nice "swingolf" very near our place !
Base de Bellecin
Tél. : 03 84 25 41 37
And 30 minutes southward, "le golf de Saint Claude" :
18 holes, Par 66, Slope 115, 4700m
More infos on this site
Villard Saint Sauveur
39200 Saint Claude
Trekking in Jura
More than 50 marked routes will enable you to discover the country around us.
- Bellecin-Pont de la Pyle (4 h – 13 km)
- Saint Hymetière : gorges de la Valouse (2h30 – 7,5km)
- Abbaye de Gigny – Château d’Andelot (4h30 - 16 km)
- Cressia « en passant par les lavoirs » (3h – 6 km)
From the very short ones like 2km to the longest one 82km - Tour du Lac de Vouglans - you have a great choice. History, curiosity, fun...whatever you like, you'll find it here !
A guide-book is available at home or can be bought in the tourism office. We can help too, we know the tracks and tricks around here !
The crosscountry skiing is not possible from our place directly.
The nearest place is PRENOVEL, 30mn eastward from us and moreover LES ROUSSES, 1h away in the same direction.
One of the oldest event of this sport, LA TRANSJURASSIENNE is organised each year in February.
In 2012 it will take place the 11th and 12th of that month.
More infos on their site
As you might know, the French Jura is probably the best place to practice this sport.
Snowshoes in Jura
Well, like cycling, the practice of snowshoes is at its best in the French Jura.
You can use the marked routes with a ticket around the ski areas or go by yourself if you have the capacities.
Please be aware of the areas which are preserved! Some are strictly prohibited in wintertime.
Two sites near tour place :
« Prénovel » (30 mn en voiture)
« Rousses » (1 h en voiture)
Maps are available or guide-books.